Company Formation in HK
Over 30,000 companies have been successfully incorporated with Conson’s Support since 2000. Except clients’ appreciation, we are honored to be awarded by different banks including HSBC and Hnag Seng Bank.
To do business in Hong Kong, you have to setup a Hong Kong company by applying a business registration certificate. Hong Kong companies can be generally divided into two categories: 1. sole proprietorship or partnership company. The setup procedure is simple but the liabilities are unlimited; 2. limited company, which liabilities of shareholders and directors are limited. While personal property is protected, the company needs to comply with relevant regulations such as hiring an independent certified public accountant to conduct an audit each year and submitting annual returns to the company registry. Since the cost of setup and maintain a limited company is not high, many people will choose to use the limited company.
To setup a new Hong Kong Limited company (private limited by shares) usually takes about 10 working days. If urgent, you can choose our Express Service (about 1-2 working days) or buy a ready-made one (about 2-3 working days). To set up a new one, you need to provide a company name; if buying a ready-made company, you can choose one from our company list.
Company Formation Specialist
Trust or Corporate Service Provider (TCSP) Licence No. : TC003609
Advantages of Hong Kong Corporate
- International Trade & Finance Centre
- Simple tax system, no sales or capital gains tax
- Low tax rate
- Low cost and easy procedure
- Less restriction and high economic freedom
- No limitation on the number of founder nor nationality
- No verification of initial share capital
- No physical office nor employee is required
- No exchange control
* The cost of buying a ready-made company may result in additional charges depending on the business registration fee at the time of incorporation. The specific cost will be specified when the customer inquires.
Follow-up and Other Professional Services
Q&A - Incorporation
What is the basic requirement of incorporating a limited company in HK?
– A person aged 18-year-old or above acting as the director and shareholder;
– Company Secretary acting by a HK resident or a Company Secretary company with the Trust and Company Service Provider License;
– A business address for company registration.
Is there any requirement on the number of shares proposed to be issued and the number of founder members of a local company limited by shares?
The Companies Ordinance has not prescribed any requirement for the number of shares proposed to be issued. The articles of a company with a share capital may state the maximum number of shares that the company may issue (section 85(2)). A local company limited by shares shall be formed by at least one founder member.
May non-Hong Kong residents incorporate a local limited company in Hong Kong?
Non-Hong Kong residents may incorporate a local limited company in Hong Kong. No limitation apply on nationality nor residential address.
What are the requirements when I decide my company name?
Company name should be unique and not duplicated with any registered company, also it requires to be ended with the term “Limited” or “Company Limited”. Any company name with sensitive words or government related is forbidden.
Is business nature necessary to be shown on the BR certificate?
No, you may leave it blank.
Is sole director and shareholder of the corporate appointed for Company Secretary?
No, it is required to appoint Hong Kong resident or a Hong Kong registered company.
Which government departments should I apply for new incorporation?
You have to submit your application to Company Registry, and apply the BR certificate in Inland Revenue Department within 1 month.